*This is the first in a new series called Tips and Tricks. Each month we’ll post ways to improve your Scraawl workflow, how to use a feature, or a mini data analytics tutorial. Enjoy!
There are infinite possibilities, but here are two common workflows:
Filter by Basic Statistics
- Click on an entity in any of the Top lists (e.g., Top Hashtag or Top Retweet)
- On the summary page, click the View All button at the top of the Recent Posts display. This will take you to Raw Data.
- Scraawl filters the Raw Data according to your prior selection and gives you the option to Keep or Exclude the posts.
- Return to any of the Basic Statistics or Advanced Analytics and update them to reflect the filtering.
Combine Advanced Analytics
- Run an Advanced Analytic and follow the same steps as above. E.g., Run Community Detection, select the largest community, and then click the View All
- Keep ONLY matching to filter by the analytic, e.g., Community 1.
- Select another analytic and update it, e.g., Run Influence Discovery to find the most influential user in the community.
- Use Undo All Edits in the Actions menu to remove all filters and return to the full data set.
- Lather, rinse, repeat.